Fire breaks out at Jadu Babur Bazar none injured

Fire breaks out at Jadu Babur Bazar none injured

first_imgKolkata: A major fire broke out at Jadu Babur Bazar on the wee hours of Tuesday. 12 fire tenders controlled the fire after almost six hours. No one was injured in the incident.According to sources, at around 3:35 am on Tuesday, fire broke out at a printing press on the first floor of Jadu Babur Bazar. Some occupants of the bazar noticed smoke coming out of a stall being used as a printing press. Immediately, the police and fire brigade were informed. By the time fire tenders reached the spot, fire had already spread to another shop used as a warehouse. Locals informed that the warehouse was filled with frozen goods and garments. Also Read – 3 injured, flight, train services hit as rains lash BengalPrimarily, six fire tenders were pressed into action. Later, six more fire tenders were sent to the spot. As the printing material stocked inside the press was highly inflammable, fire had spread quickly and smoke spread all over the bazar. The premises were immediately evacuated. The Disaster Management Group (DMG) of Kolkata Police was called in to assist the firefighters. The electricity connection was also cut off by CESC to minimise the damage. At around 9 am, the fire was controlled. Though the source of the fire could not be ascertained, it is suspected that the fire occurred due a short circuit inside the printing press. Fire brigade officials may visit the spot soon to investigate. It was alleged that despite having inflammable materials, no firefighting system was installed there. The extent of damage has not been ascertained yet.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *