Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ Former Milan striker Patrick Cutrone has revealed that he was forced to leave by the club’s hierarchy. “I don’t know what happened.” Cutrone had risen through the ranks of the Milan youth system, and had been in the first team for two seasons before being sold to Wolves last summer. Speaking to the Daily Mail, Cutrone revealed the circumstances of his departure from the team he supports. “At a certain point they put me in a position where I said, “Ok, I have to leave.” Now I don’t know how to explain what happened, but after I’d spoken to the club I made my decision.” Cutrone eventually joined Wolves, and states that he made the decision straight away. “I was aware of Wolves’ interest and I chose them right away. In life, you have to make decisions, and I was in that situation. It was disppointing because I had a great connection with my team mates and the Milan fans really loved me.” Cutrone also revealed his idols growing up, with one being a surprise. “I had posters of Pippo Inzaghi and Marco Borriello on my wall. I watched YouTube videos of George Weah and Marco Van Basten. I remember the 2007 Champions League win over Liverpool, but not so much Istanbul, thankfully. I’ll always be a Milanista.” Cutrone scored 27 goals for Milan in 90 games in all competitions.
Pavel Nedved warns Juventus know just how difficult Lokomotiv Moscow can be. “As everyone saw, we struggled to get the better of them.” It kicks off at 17.55 GMT, you can follow the build-up and action as it happens on the LIVEBLOG. A victory would send the Bianconeri into the Champions League Round of 16. “If we do well, then we know that we can go through to the next phase of the tournament. However, we know the difficulties that await us,” the vice-president told JTV. “The match in Turin taught us a great deal. We knew before that Lokomotiv Moscow were a very strong team, but as everyone saw, we struggled to get the better of them. They are even more dangerous on home turf. “We’ve had a strong start to the season, knowing there would be difficulties with the change of coach and many players. We won’t rest on our laurels, as we can and want to do much better. We know precisely where we need to improve, too. “Qualifying with two games to spare would be very good, but the important thing is not when we go through, but how.” Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ In a truly bizarre story, a youth team coach was fired for setting a bad example to the children by “disrespecting opponents” in a 27-0 victory. Not many managers can say they’ve been sacked after a win, let alone a 27-0 result, but that is what happened in Grosseto-based youth club Invictasauro. “We were stunned and deeply regretful when hearing that our Juniores team had beaten Marina Calcio 27-0,” said President Paolo Brogelli in a statement. “The values of youth team football are antithetical to such a thing. The opponent must always be respected and that did not happen today. “As President, I sincerely apologise to the Marina club. I announce that our directors decided, unanimously, to sack coach Riccini. “Our coaches have the duty to train young players, but above all to educate them. That did not happen today.”
India received a jolt on the eve of the first One-Day International (ODI) against the West Indies as pacer Praveen Kumar, the most successful Indian bowler in the Test series in England, was ruled out on Monday owing to a chest injury.Captain Virender Sehwag said that Praveen has an injury and has not arrived in Cuttack, without elaborating. “He has a niggle. He is not available for the first match. He will join the team tomorrow or the day after,” Sehwag told reporters. He didn’t say if a replacement would be named.However, late in the evening the BCCI said in a statement that Praveen has a chest problem. “Praveen has got a blunt chest on the left side, and has, therefore, been ruled out of the first three ODIs against the West Indies. Abhimanyu Mithun will replace him in the squad for the first three games,” BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said.It’s possible that Praveen, who captured 15 wickets in three Tests in England in Zaheer Khan’s absence, got injured during Uttar Pradesh’s Ranji Trophy game against Saurashtra in Meerut from November 10-13. In the first innings, he opened the attack and bowled 27 overs and bagged two wickets. But in the second, he surprisingly came on to bowl as the eighth of the 10 bowlers used by captain Suresh Raina.The Meerut-based Praveen didn’t play Uttar Pradesh’s next match, against Orissa at Sambalpur, possibly due to the same injury. However, when contacted, sources in the UP team said that the BCCI had “instructed Praveen to rest”.advertisementR Vinay Kumar, Umesh Yadav, and Varun Aaron are the other pacers in the squad. All three available pacers could play the day-night game, though they are unlikely to get much assistance from the barren-looking pitch, with curator Pankaj Pattnaik terming it “batsmen-friendly”. There are three spinners in the squad – R Ashwin, Rahul Sharma, and Ravindra Jadeja – but only two may play. Jadeja, the most successful Indian bowler with 11 wickets in the recent five-ODI home series against England, is seen as more of an all-rounder.Off-spinner Ashwin, man of the Test series and man of the match in the third Test that concluded on Saturday in Mumbai, is expected to be the other slow bowler to play.There is some uncertainty about the Indian opening pair. Sehwag, who led the team when the last ODI was played here against Sri Lanka in December 2009, said his opening partner was yet to be decided. “We’ll have a meeting tonight or tomorrow to decide who’ll open with me. I’m sure that I’m opening, but we’ll take a call on who’ll open with me,” he said. “I’d love to open with Gautam (Gambhir). But we have to look at our team combination as well.”Ajinkya Rahane had opened with Parthiv Patel and Gautam Gambhir in the home ODI series against England last month when Sehwag was out of the team due to a shoulder injury.Parthiv had then played as a specialist batsman and opened the innings while Mahendra Singh Dhoni kept wickets. But Dhoni has been rested for this fivematch ODI series and the diminutive Gujarat player will be the wicketkeeper and is unlikely to open the innings as either Gambhir or Rahane may partner Sehwag. That leaves Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, and Manoj Tiwary to compete for the middleorder slots while an ailing Yuvraj Singh has opted out of the series.West Indies have made six changes to their squad that lost the three-Test series 0-2, including rookie top-order batsman Jason Mohammed and off-spinner Sunil Narine. Mohammed, 25, and Narine, 23, were rewarded for their good performances in the Caribbean’s Regional Super50 tournament. Captain Darren Sammy, who led the team that lost 2-3 to India in June in the Caribbean, was optimistic about the series.”We are looking forward to what could be a very exciting fivematch ODI series. Both teams have equally capable players who can make an impact,” he said. “(Kieron) Pollard has a lot of experience playing in India. We hope that it will be an evenly-contested series. We have the belief that we will come out well and look to win matches as well.”The 16th ODI to be played in Cuttack promises to be a highscoring game, and the pitch has been prepared with that aim. It looks brownish-yellow and a packed house of 45,000-plus spectators is likely to enjoy the match.
In the first auction for the inaugural Indian Premier League, players were lined up and sold like cattles, as Adam Gilchrist famously quoted, and it was a totally new experience for everyone involved.Putting a price on a player was fraught with danger as a proven performer like Michael Hussey was bought by Chennai Super Kings for $ 350,000 which was much less compared to his brother David, for whom Kolkata Knight Riders forked out a massive $ 625,000.David Hussey was a rather unknown commodity in cricketing circles, yet the way an Indian franchise spotted a gem from Western Australia, after his T20 debut in February 2008, set the tone for franchises unearthing future Australian stars.David made his ODI debut later in 2008 and now is an integral part of Australia’s limited overs structure. The story is similar when one looks into the emergence of players like Shane Watson, Shaun Marsh, David Warner and Doug Bollinger.It’s not that ‘spotters’ from India unearthed a player for Australia. But it is evident that the IPL has proven an effective platform from where these players have grabbed the attention of those in charge Down Under.Shane Watson was not a regular member of the Australian set up, but his sensational performance which helped Rajasthan Royals clinch the inaugural season saw his stock value shoot up through the roof. His all-round abilities eventually made him a huge cog in the Australian Test team and the first season with Rajasthan, with Shane Warne as his captain, was a turning point.advertisementShaun Marsh’s exploits with King’s XI Punjab in 2008, when he emerged the tournament’s top run-getter, marked him out as a player to watch out for. Sure enough, he made his T20 and ODI debuts in mid-2008.The most interesting story is that of David Warner. The New South Wales player partnered Virender Sehwag for the Delhi Daredevils in two seasons and had been branded as a slogger. But it was simple chat with Sehwag, where the Delhi dasher urged him to concentrate on Test cricket even though he hadn’t played an entire domestic season, which ignited a spark in him. A century against New Zealand in the Hobart Test and a whirlwind 180 against India at Perth simply confirmed the belief.Even though India might be struggling to unearth true champions from IPL, the desi franchises have a penchant for spotting some bright sparks across the Indian ocean.
The India Open provides a gilt-edged opportunity for Jwala Gutta to seal an Olympic berth but she is not thinking too much about it.Jwala has the opportunity to qualify for Olympics’ women’s doubles and mixed doubles, but said that she is not nervous at the thought of playing in two events in London.The Hyderabadi said she is willing to experiment with her playing style and does not want to go with a set strategy.”We can’t go with a set strategy and I’m always willing to make changes to my game. Experimentation is very important in a sport like badminton and it is not easy,” said Jwala, who will be partnering Ashwini Ponnappa and V Diju at the India Open.”But I never thought of the Olympic qualification and it is something which makes me feel very special. I always try to do something new and and it feels great when people say that they are expecting a medal from me.”Jwala, who will be playing in both doubles and mixed doubles here, said that playing in doubles requires a lot of mental toughness.”Playing doubles at the international level is tough as there are a minimum of three-four doubles pairs from countries like China and Malaysia and it becomes difficult for us to progress,” the 28-year-old shuttler said at a press meet.”Thus, this is a crucial tournament for me and a good run here can guarantee me a berth. Playing in doubles requires you to be mentally alert as it is technically different and is a different ball game altogether.”advertisementJwala seemed non-plussed at the number of withdrawals in this year’s India Open – there have been several pullouts till now. She also brushed aside the talk of being rusty, saying that she and her doubles partner Ashwini have been unlucky with the results.However, they got lucky on Tuesday as they got a walkover in the first round as a result of another pullout. The game’s popularity has increased because of top notch performances by Saina Nehwal and a few other shuttlers. But Jwala rued that doubles players in India haven’t got their share of plaudits despite performing well on the international circuit.”There is no bench strength of doubles players even though we have performed well. There should be more focus on senior doubles players as that would help draw budding players. If they see doubles players as achievers, more players are bound to come up,” she said.”There won’t be any extra pressure on me while playing in front of home crowd. It’s a great feeling to play at this venue as this is where I won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games.”Winning at home gives you an extra high and this time around, my mother will also be around to cheer me. It feels good when people talk about badminton and our achievements. Badminton has taken a big leap in our country in terms of following.”
Right from the time it was announced, the expectations from Rohit Shetty’s latest comic caper Bol Bachchan were enormous.And anticipation for the film seems to be growing by the day. By Friday, barely 24 hours after the film’s first official promo was launched, it had already garnered over 6,50,000 views on YouTube and a leading Bollywood website.Of all its aspects, the audiences seem to have liked Ajay Devgn’s character the most – the actor will be seen playing a wrestler in the film.Another thing that has struck a chord with movie freaks is Abhishek Bachchan’s dual characterisation. In one of the two roles, the actor has retained his name – the idea being Shetty’s brainchild.”The audiences will be able to see Abhishek in two hilariously contrasting characters in Bol Bachchan. There is a lot of curiosity around the fact that one of his characters’ names is Abhishek Bachchan as also around his dual avatar in the movie. One of his characters sports a moustache while the other doesn’t. Even the way they dress, talk and walk is completely different,” a source said.And of course, the trademark action sequences of a Rohit Shetty mainstream commercial film are also very prominent in the trailer.
Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ LATEST STORIES Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:02Chief Justice Peralta vows to lead by example, bares 10-point program02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Argentine bishop appears at court hearing on abuse charges Tenorio also unloaded 10 of his 14 markers in the payoff period, none bigger than his shot clock-beating trey with 1:07 to play to give his side an 82-76 lead that also took the air out of the Bolts.“LA’s really been a big shot maker in the whole conference for us and his confidence was amazing. I think that was the biggest shot of the game and it really turned the tides for us,” said Ginebra head coach Tim Cone.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingGinebra got its act together in the final five minutes as they staged a killer 17-1 finishing blitz to take the win out of Meralco’s grip.The Gin Kings’ defense was also impressive as they held the Bolts without a field goal in the last 5:56 and forced young guns Baser Amer and Chris Newsome to commit costly turnovers down the stretch. Winter storm threatens to scramble Thanksgiving travel plans MOST READ View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Japeth Aguilar had 16 points and eight rebounds, while Joe Devance got 10 markers and six boards, as Ginebra survived Greg Slaughter’s off-shooting night, as the newly-minted Best Player of the Conference was limited to just three points and six rebounds.Ginebra shoot for a 3-0 lead in the best-of-7 series on Wednesday, still at Smart Araneta Coliseum.Unlike Game 1, the Bolts found their mark but only to misfire they needed them the most.The loss also spoiled Allen Durham’s superb night as the two-time Best Import finished the game with 25 points, 22 rebounds, seven assists, and two steals.Amer and Ranidel de Ocampo both wound up with 10 markers in the losing effort.ADVERTISEMENT Back-to-back Best Import Durham focused on winning title, not award Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netGinebra leaned on the duo of Justin Brownlee and LA Tenorio to beat Meralco, 86-76, for a 2-0 lead in the 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup Finals Sunday at Smart Araneta Coliseum.Once again, the runner-up in the Best Import race, Brownlee showed that no award snub can deter him from his quest of giving the Gin Kings back-to-back titles as he scattered 19 points, 13 rebounds, seven assists, and two steals.ADVERTISEMENT ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims Trump to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist groups No more menthol cigarettes: New ban on tobacco, vape flavors The scores:GINEBRA 86 – Brownlee 19, Aguilar 16, Tenorio 14, Devance 10, Thompson 9, Mercado 6, Caguioa 6, Ferrer 3, Slaughter 3.MERALCO 76 – Durham 25, Amer 10, De Ocampo 10, Hodge 9, Newsome 8, Lanete 6, Dillinger 5, Tolomia 3, Caram 0, Hugnatan 0.Quarters: 18-24, 40-37, 57-62, 86-76.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next