Tag: <span>爱上海QQ</span>

Starry Les Misérables Concert Returns to the West End in December

first_img Do you hear the people sing? Les Misérables – The Staged Concert is set to return to the West End for a six-week limited run at the Sondheim Theatre. Performances will begin on December 5 and run through January 17, 2021 to coincide with the musical’s 35th year on Shaftesbury Avenue.The cast will once again include Michael Ball as Javert, Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean, Carrie Hope Fletcher as Fantine and Matt Lucas as Thénardier. John Owen-Jones will play the role of Jean Valjean at certain performances. Les Misérables – The Staged Concert played the West End’s Gielgud Theatre last year and was broadcast live in cinemas across the U.S., U.K. and Ireland. This year’s event will have a reduced seating capacity of 750 and COVID-19 safety measures will be in place at the front of house, on stage, backstage and throughout the venue.”The authors and theater have waived their royalties and rent to give the show a chance to break even, and our leading artists have all agreed to work for appreciably less than their normal salaries. With such a big spectacular show, it is a risk, but with manageable production costs and a short run, it is not a catastrophic one,” producer Cameron Mackintosh said in a statement. “It is time to tear down the barricades and let tomorrow come. The beautiful new Sondheim Theatre will re-open its doors so audiences can once again leap to their feet thrilled by Hugo’s timelessly uplifting story of the survival of the human spirit told through Boublil and Schönberg’s amazing, iconic score.” Mackintosh, First Night Records and Warner Music have also announced that Les Misérables -The Staged Concert cast recording is available for pre-order; it will be released on November 20 and was recorded at the Gielgud Theatre last year with the same all-star cast. The cast of “Les Misérables—The Staged Concert”(Photo: Michael Le Poer Trench) View Commentslast_img read more

PRINGLE COMMENDS FISHERMEN ON QUOTA PROTEST

first_imgThomas Pringle TD has today commended the fisherman who gave away his catch of monkfish rather than throw it back in the sea because of EU rules.Speaking on the matter today, the Independent TD for Donegal South West stated: “It was a brave decision by this skipper from Co. Wexford to highlight the crazy situation on Irish fishing quotas.“This action which highlights a campaign to oppose the EU rule that requires over-quota fish to be discarded is an admirable move to demonstrate the hardship and grave injustice that our fishermen are experiencing.” At present in Irish waters the French have 47% of the monkfish quota and the Spanish have 22%, leaving the Irish with only 7% of this take in our own waters – a situation described as ‘utterly ridiculous” by Deputy Pringle.“These 5,000 kilos of monkfish which skipper Seamus O’Flaherty caught was his monthly quota which was fished in 5 days, leaving this man unable to monkfish for three weeks now.“While it is of the upmost importance that our waters are not overfished, this event symbolises the plight of our fishermen who have such a small quota in our own waters compared to our European neighbours,” added Pringle.“I am therefore calling on Minister Coveney and the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority not to prosecute this man for what I view as a legitimate protest.” PRINGLE COMMENDS FISHERMEN ON QUOTA PROTEST was last modified: October 5th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:fishquotaThomas Pringlelast_img read more